Welcome to West Pennine Sailboard Club
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 March 2013 21:10 Written by Admin
Welcome to West Pennine Sailboard Club, possibly the best windsurfing club in the North of England. Located in the Pennines above Rochdale, we offer clean wind, cleaner water and a great clubhouse with hot showers. Annual membership is great value with opportunities for board storage and we offer day sailing for casual members. So if you're learning, still trying to crack that carve gybe or need somewhere to practice your flakas, get in touch and come for a sail!
Latest Happenings ....
Last Updated on Thursday, 23 May 2013 19:15 Written by Admin
4th May Demo Day - Juice brought plenty of goodies – RRD Freemove, Starboard Futura, Tushingham Lighting and Storm … see photos and Read More
Coming Up ....
Last Updated on Thursday, 23 May 2013 12:38 Written by Admin
Demo Day, Monday 27th May - courtesy of Robin Hood Watersports. The forecast is currently Southerly Force 4. If the forecast changes significantly then it's just possible this could be moved to Sunday 26th, so watch this space just in case.We'll watch the carve gybe footage from 4th May in the late afternoon. Then, if it's not too cold, we'll have an evening barbecue (bring your own food and drinks). There'll be some recorded music and members can camp as well. We're not doing catering for this event but you're welcome to use our galley, microwave, kettle and tea/coffee.
Website - our thanks to Ian Taylor who's doing some work to counter hacking. There could be some disruption late-May but he's made good progress so far and all without inconvenience to members. There were 28 people simultaneously online at 2pm on 7th March, so we know it matters!
See more/bigger pics from 23rd December.
How's your action photography? Here's a link to an RYA article on "how to take a great boating photo". There are enough parallels with windsurfing to make it worth a read.
Facebook & Photos
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 March 2013 21:09 Written by Admin
Many of our members use Facebook to stay in touch. You can see our website group here and there's space to chat and share photos. You will need to join Facebook though. Here's a photo uploaded to our Facebook collection by Steve Booth after a November outing.
In Brief ....
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 March 2013 21:07 Written by Admin
Speed record - a Brit piloted a yacht made on the Isle of Wight to a new world record at Walvis Bay, Namibia on 20th Nov. The Vestas Sailrocket 2 averaged 59.23 knots (68mph) over 500 metres. 2.5 times the wind speed is impressive .... and at least it beats the previous record set by a kite surfer! Yes, there is a god!
Vital stuff you need to know - click
- Lrm : Yup Steve, think 3 of us heading up around 2pm today? looking v windy! :D
- JohnL : 15 yr+ old longboard free if collected from L/boro - Steve Ellis tel 01706 375704. F2 Fun & Function 380x60cm, 5.1m rig inc boom & resin mast
- steve s : Hoping to go tomorrow pm?
- Lrm : Anyone sailing Fri pm/ eve.? looks good 20+ knts
- talldave : I'm sailing Thursday, mid-morning.
- MikeS : Steve OD. See you abt 1330 today, Wednesday.
- steve s : Anyone going up thurs pm (tomorrow)? have code but no key yet
- talldave : Ste OD: see email or 'Contact us@ for code, other members present for entry. If you've rejoined, you need to meet with a Committee member.
- Stephen Trea : Sedge and I will be there, me about 1.30, Sedge maybe a bit earlier
- Ste OD : I should be up about 1.00 today. But only if I can be given new keys and code?
- jay yeo : Late afternoon to early eve for me Wednesday
- Whalley : planning thurs but not until about 5ish. wind looks good tho...
Guests are shown between .
This shoutbox uses website cookies. Only registered users can post messages.
Follow us @WestPennine